Who Will Be Collaborating On What And When
Each year, the Linux Foundation is responsible for putting on some of the biggest names of the conference season. LinuxCon, the Kernel and End-User Summits, the Linux Plumbers Conference — they all have the Foundation behind them. The next up on the schedule is the Collaboration Summit, and as of last week, attendees can now check the details on the Summit's who, what, where, and when.
The 2010 Collaboration Summit will convene in San Francisco next month from the 14th to the 16th for its fourth-annual session. Attendees will hear from speakers including Andrew Morton, Jon Corbet, PostgreSQL's Josh Berkus, James Bottomley of Novell, and Google's Chris DiBona, among many, many more.
The conference schedule, released last week, has a variety of sessions, from panels and presentations to workgroups, and of course, the obligatory keynotes. A short sampling of the offerings include:
- The Linux Kernel: What's Next (Panel)
- FOSSBazaar Workgroup
- High Performance Computing
- Linux Standard Base Workgroup
- Why Your Life Might Depend on Your Code
- Does Open Source Mean Open Cloud? (Panel)
Like many of the Foundation's events — including the Kernel Summit and End User Summit — the Collaboration Summit is an invitation-only event. Prospective attendees can request an invitation from the conference site, though space is limited. Once an invitation is in hand, there is no fee for registering for the conference. A "free" invite is provided to those paying the $1,200 registration fee for the Linux Performance Tuning training that will be co-located with the conference.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Embedding Python in Your C Programs
- New Products
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python