When a Shell Isn't Enough
Not long ago, I wrote about how awesome it is to have shell access on a remote server. I still hold to that notion, but I received a lot of feedback on the issue. If you've considered paying even a couple dollars a month for shell access on a server, you might want to check out http://www.lowendbox.com.
Image from http://www.lowendbox.com
Although not a provider itself, lowendbox indexes all the best deals out there for full root access to your own server. Most of the servers are true to their name and provide only minimum specifications, but if a simple command shell is what you want, purchasing a small server instance in the cloud might be the way to go. I know I was happy to hear such things existed.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- New Products
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014
- Handling the workloads of the Future
- Android Candy: Google Keep
- How Can We Get Business to Care about Freedom, Openness and Interoperability?
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Days Between Dates?
- December 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Computing without a Computer