When a Shell Isn't Enough
Not long ago, I wrote about how awesome it is to have shell access on a remote server. I still hold to that notion, but I received a lot of feedback on the issue. If you've considered paying even a couple dollars a month for shell access on a server, you might want to check out http://www.lowendbox.com.
Image from http://www.lowendbox.com
Although not a provider itself, lowendbox indexes all the best deals out there for full root access to your own server. Most of the servers are true to their name and provide only minimum specifications, but if a simple command shell is what you want, purchasing a small server instance in the cloud might be the way to go. I know I was happy to hear such things existed.
|Open-Source Space||Jul 31, 2014|
|Silicon Mechanics Gives Back||Jul 30, 2014|
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
|Great Scott! It's Version 13!||Jul 21, 2014|
|Adminer—Better Than Awesome!||Jul 17, 2014|
- Silicon Mechanics Gives Back
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- Open-Source Space
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Senior Perl Developer