When a Shell Isn't Enough
Not long ago, I wrote about how awesome it is to have shell access on a remote server. I still hold to that notion, but I received a lot of feedback on the issue. If you've considered paying even a couple dollars a month for shell access on a server, you might want to check out http://www.lowendbox.com.
Image from http://www.lowendbox.com
Although not a provider itself, lowendbox indexes all the best deals out there for full root access to your own server. Most of the servers are true to their name and provide only minimum specifications, but if a simple command shell is what you want, purchasing a small server instance in the cloud might be the way to go. I know I was happy to hear such things existed.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Identifying Swift Opportunities Relating to interview transcript holocaust
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014