What constitutes "non-commercial use"?
Creative Commons is surveying people on what they believe constitutes "non-commercial use".
Creative Commons is conducting a study on the meaning of “NonCommercial” and you can weigh in by answering a detailed questionnaire on the subject. We’ve extended the deadline for participation to December 14 (originally December 7) as we’re still getting healthy response via all those who blogged about the questionnaire this week.
Read more about the survey. As a fair heads up, it's a long survey (it just took me about 20 minutes to complete) but was certainly thought provoking. I'd love to hear what others had to think here in the comments below -- please weigh in.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python