Webware for Python
So, what is it? From the web page:
Webware for Python is a suite of Python packages and tools for developing object-oriented, web-based applications. The suite uses well known design patterns and includes a fast Application Server, Servlets, Python Server Pages (PSP), Object-Relational Mapping, Task Scheduling, Session Management, and many other features. Webware is very modular and easily extended.
I confess that I have looked at it as the way to implement a web-based application many times over the years. I have, however, never picked it. Actually, I have usually picked Karrigell. Why? Well, while Webware is very modular, it always seems like I needed to understand all too many modules to do what I could do in Karrigell with a lot less to understand.
But, it's Python and it does seem to be clean. I am thinking about giving it another try. All I need is a project that fits.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Wine 1.8 Released
- Firefox OS
- New Products