Venezuela Gets It
From The Inquirer you can read that the Venezuelan government just bought 1,000,000 laptops from Portugal based on the Intel Classmate PC design. But, the story then gets interesting:
Although the notebooks are similar in both countries, the OS will be different as the Portuguese use a modified version of Microsoft Windows, while the government of Venezuela has opted for a version of Linux.
Let's put that in perspective. The population of Venezuela is less than 10% of the population of the U.S. A good question you might want to ask those Presidential candidates in the U.S. is how they feel about the U.S. government buying about 10,000,000 Linux laptops for use in education?
- Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Smith Charts for All