Venezuela Gets It
From The Inquirer you can read that the Venezuelan government just bought 1,000,000 laptops from Portugal based on the Intel Classmate PC design. But, the story then gets interesting:
Although the notebooks are similar in both countries, the OS will be different as the Portuguese use a modified version of Microsoft Windows, while the government of Venezuela has opted for a version of Linux.
Let's put that in perspective. The population of Venezuela is less than 10% of the population of the U.S. A good question you might want to ask those Presidential candidates in the U.S. is how they feel about the U.S. government buying about 10,000,000 Linux laptops for use in education?
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- New Products
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Linux Security Threats on the Rise
- ~Putlocker~2014 Watch Boyhood Online Streaming Full Movie