Upcoming Webinar: Getting Started with DevOps
Aug 05, 2015 By Carlie Fairchild
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
In this webinar Alanna Brown, who heads up DevOps research at Puppet Labs, will discuss:
- Where to start — and what to automate — so you can build on early success.
- Why tools matter (but aren't the sum total of DevOps).
- How to measure the success of your DevOps initiative and enable continuous improvement.
- New findings from Puppet Labs 2015 DevOps Report, including data on lean management, technical practices, IT performance & more.
Alanna Brown heads up DevOps research and go-to-marketing strategies at Puppet Labs. She also works closely with Puppet Labs product owners and engineers to develop a roadmap and support for Puppet on Windows.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- On Your Marks, Get Set...Gutsy Gibbon!
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux