UC Berkeley Extension Offers Open Source Fundamentals Course
UC Berkeley Extension will start offering a course (1 credit) titled "Open Source Fundamentals and Strategies". LJ contributing editor Ibrahim Haddad developed the course for UCB and will be teaching it.
The course provides an overview of open-source software and its characteristics in comparison to proprietary software and freeware, and presents an in-depth discussion on the open-source development model, the Open Source community and open-source licenses. Furthermore, the course focuses on strategies for using open-source software and strategies for contributing open-source software. The course examines the benefits and risks for the different approaches and guides you through the process that takes place when developing your open-source software strategy.
- Is the Private Cloud a Real Cloud?
- Open Axiom
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
- Linux Journal