SuperGamer, 8GB of Linux-Only Gameplay
I admit, I'm one of those people who dual-boots so I can play video games. I've tried running programs like CrossOver Games in order to feed my need for fragging, but in the end, it seems I always have to install Windows to enjoy some real gaming fun. Thankfully, I'm not the guy in charge of things worldwide, because the folks over at www.supergamer.org have created a bootable, dual-layer DVD full of native-running Linux games. Yes, I said native. Check out the impressive list of preinstalled games you'll get when you download the ISO:
- Quake Wars
- Doom 3
- Unreal Tournament
- Quake 4
- Savage 2
- Postal 2
- Enemy Territory
- Penumbra Black Plague
- Urban Terror
- Soldier of Fortune
- True Combat
- America's Army
- Drop Team
- Frets On Fire
- Chromium B.S.U.
- Mad Bomber
- BZ Flag
- Mega Mario
- Super Tux
So much for gaming being a Windows-only adventure! Based on Vector Linux, SuperGamer is ready to perform on all modern video cards without additional downloads. Just pop it in, boot it up, and frag.
This is SuperGamer's official screenshot. Notice all the game icons on the bottom of the screen.
- Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!
- How to Calculate Flash Storage TCO
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Readers' Choice Awards
- Hodge Podge
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now
- GRUB Boot from ISO
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python