SuperGamer, 8GB of Linux-Only Gameplay
I admit, I'm one of those people who dual-boots so I can play video games. I've tried running programs like CrossOver Games in order to feed my need for fragging, but in the end, it seems I always have to install Windows to enjoy some real gaming fun. Thankfully, I'm not the guy in charge of things worldwide, because the folks over at www.supergamer.org have created a bootable, dual-layer DVD full of native-running Linux games. Yes, I said native. Check out the impressive list of preinstalled games you'll get when you download the ISO:
- Quake Wars
- Doom 3
- Unreal Tournament
- Quake 4
- Savage 2
- Postal 2
- Enemy Territory
- Penumbra Black Plague
- Urban Terror
- Soldier of Fortune
- True Combat
- America's Army
- Drop Team
- Frets On Fire
- Chromium B.S.U.
- Mad Bomber
- BZ Flag
- Mega Mario
- Super Tux
So much for gaming being a Windows-only adventure! Based on Vector Linux, SuperGamer is ready to perform on all modern video cards without additional downloads. Just pop it in, boot it up, and frag.
This is SuperGamer's official screenshot. Notice all the game icons on the bottom of the screen.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- New Products
- Wine 1.8 Released