Stop Installing Outdated Ubuntu!
Have you ever installed Linux, only to be greeted immediately with the system update notification applet? If you have a fast Internet connection or, even better, a local Ubuntu mirror (see http://www.linuxjournal.com/video/mirror-partner-repo-canonical for some tips on creating your own local mirror), you can use the "Installation Minimal CD" and get a fully up-to-date system the first time it boots.
Another advantage to using the Installation Minimal CD is that it allows you to install any official Ubuntu variant with the same CD. Whether you want Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu or even the more specialized *buntus for video editing and such, the Minimal CD can do it. Download a copy at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD. It's less than 20MB!
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Linux Systems Administrator
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
4 hours 56 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
9 hours 58 min ago
10 hours 18 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
10 hours 43 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
10 hours 56 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
16 hours 35 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
17 hours 9 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
17 hours 38 min ago
19 hours 33 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
20 hours 52 min ago