Stephen Fry Loves Linux
Until today I only knew of Stephen Fry, wonderful British actor, but now I have learned of a completely new side to this man. As it turns out, he is also Stephen Fry, Linux enthusiast. Way to go, Stephen.
He believes that most people's computers will be running a version of Linux with the next five years and that "your life will be better and happier as a result." Lofty goal perhaps, but an opinion worth noting.
He is quite enthusiastic about his Asus EEE PC, and like many see its potential to pave the way for greater adoption of Linux all around.
I am writing this article on a kind of mini John the Baptist, a system that prepares the way of the software saviour whose coming will deliver the 90% of world computer users who suffer under Windows from the expensive, clumsy, costly, ugly, pricey toils of Microsoft.
I must say I am fairly amused by his likening the Asus (in his blog which runs on WordPress... love this guy) to John the Baptist, but after all he does have quite a flair for drama.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Web Administration Scripts
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- thanks for share, great
4 hours 42 min ago
- There are factors which are
9 hours 42 min ago
- Gnome 3 ?
10 hours 27 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
14 hours 34 min ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
1 day 40 min ago
- on the ground
1 day 7 hours ago
- I was able to read the whole
1 day 8 hours ago
- since i have read the title i
1 day 11 hours ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
1 day 11 hours ago
- The kernel doesn't really
2 days 7 min ago