Sony Rumored to Buy BeOS
In an unprecedented corporate buyout, Sony USA put an offer on the table to buy the BeOS corporation Tuesday morning. While BeOS representatives were unavailable for comment, we were able to contact Sony's CBL, Adam Markley to get some more details on the exciting proposal.
"We're just not willing to have another company with a 4 letter name take the spotlight", said Adam. "Due to the recent surge in BeOS sales and development, we couldn't afford to let them steal our thunder."
When asked if there were other concerns surrounding the BeOS rise, Adam only commented, "No, it's really the 4 letter thing. If Arby's didn't have that apostrophe 's', we'd be having a completely different discussion today."
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Wine 1.8 Released
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS