Slax: Your Pocket Operating System
Slax is a fast, small, portable Linux distribution taking a modular approach that gives you the ability to easily add on your favorite software. Just download a module with the software, copy it to Slax -- no installing, no configuring.
See it in action:
TheMacWizard posted the following video on YouTube demonstrating Slax on his Macbook (running Leopard 10.5.4).
PenDriveLinux also posted a demo of Slax on his Windows machine.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Own Your DNS Data
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)