newbie here. i'm currently taking a linux class and have an assignment and am having problems. the assignment is to create a shell script.
the instructions are to log in and create a directory called "scripts" in my home directory. then i am to open the text editor and create a script that displays the date, who is logged on and the current directory.
then we are to run the command using the bash command.
here is what i wrote.
#this is a comment
when i try to run it, it won't run.
i have tried it both logged in as a user and as root.
i have also changed the permissions using chmod 755 script1
the next step after we run it is to change the permissions to what i already changed it to. we are then asked to run the script by typing in just the script name (script1).
we then have to add echo escape sequences so that each item appears on a new line.
there is more but if i can get this to work i might be able to finish it.
thanks for any advice.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- New Products
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- RSS Feeds
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development