Scrivener, Now for Linux!
The folks over at www.literatureandlatte.com have a rather nifty writer's tool called Scrivener. For years, it's been an OS X-only program for novelists and screenwriters that acts like a project management tool for big writing projects. Linux users may be familiar with Writer's Café from www.writerscafe.co.uk, which is a similar program. Although Scrivener is a little more expensive ($45 vs. $40 for Writer's Café), its features make it something any novelist should check out. And, if you try it during the beta period, Scrivener is free.
Unfortunately, users with existing licenses for the OS X version of Scrivener cannot transfer that license to the Linux version. Perhaps once the final version is released, the Literature and Latte folks will change their minds. Either way, if you're a writer, you'll want to check out Scrivener or Writer's Café. Both are neat packages, and now both are Linux-compatible!
UPDATE: The Linux version seems to be stalled in Beta. Info is HERE, on the "Windows" page. Scroll down for a link to the Linux version.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- New Products
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- New Products
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- RSS Feeds
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python