Ruby on rails programmer|railsonruby.com
How Rails Implements Ajax:
Rails has a simple, consistent model for how it implements Ajax operations. Once the browser has rendered and displayed the initial web page, different user actions cause it to display a new web page (like any traditional web application) or trigger an Ajax operation:
Some trigger fires :This trigger could be the user clicking on a button or link, the user making changes to the data on a form or in a field, or just a periodic trigger (based on a timer)
The server does processing: The server-side action handler ( Rails controller action )-- does something with the data and returns an HTML fragment to the web client.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- New Products
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- EdgeRouter Lite
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- RSS Feeds
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!