Reverse Engineering Malware on Linux with IDA Pro
The brief method. If I get good response to this post, I will put up a more detailed and in-depth look at malware reversing on Linux.
* Download IDA Pro (freeware)
* Install wine
* Install IDA Pro
* Start reversing
Download IDA Pro (freeware):
$ cd /tmp
$ wget http://126.96.36.199/files/idafree49.exe
$ sudo aptitude install wine
Install IDA Pro:
$ wine /tmp/idafree49.exe
$ wine "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/IDA Free/idag.exe"
-> Now open the malware binary and select the option for ELF executables
This post is a stub for a future longer version if anyone shows interest. I don't even know how many Linux Journal readers actually reverse malware on Linux...
|PasswordPing Ltd.'s Exposed Password and Credentials API Service||Apr 28, 2017|
|Graph Any Data with Cacti!||Apr 27, 2017|
|Be Kind, Buffer!||Apr 26, 2017|
|Preparing Data for Machine Learning||Apr 25, 2017|
|openHAB||Apr 24, 2017|
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
- Graph Any Data with Cacti!
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter
- A Switch for Your RPi