Reverse Engineering Malware on Linux with IDA Pro
The brief method. If I get good response to this post, I will put up a more detailed and in-depth look at malware reversing on Linux.
* Download IDA Pro (freeware)
* Install wine
* Install IDA Pro
* Start reversing
Download IDA Pro (freeware):
$ cd /tmp
$ wget http://220.127.116.11/files/idafree49.exe
$ sudo aptitude install wine
Install IDA Pro:
$ wine /tmp/idafree49.exe
$ wine "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/IDA Free/idag.exe"
-> Now open the malware binary and select the option for ELF executables
This post is a stub for a future longer version if anyone shows interest. I don't even know how many Linux Journal readers actually reverse malware on Linux...
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Embedding Python in Your C Programs
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- New Products
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Customizing Vim
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python