Reverse Engineering Malware on Linux with IDA Pro
The brief method. If I get good response to this post, I will put up a more detailed and in-depth look at malware reversing on Linux.
* Download IDA Pro (freeware)
* Install wine
* Install IDA Pro
* Start reversing
Download IDA Pro (freeware):
$ cd /tmp
$ wget http://22.214.171.124/files/idafree49.exe
$ sudo aptitude install wine
Install IDA Pro:
$ wine /tmp/idafree49.exe
$ wine "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/IDA Free/idag.exe"
-> Now open the malware binary and select the option for ELF executables
This post is a stub for a future longer version if anyone shows interest. I don't even know how many Linux Journal readers actually reverse malware on Linux...
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- Android Candy: Repix, Not Just Another Photo App
- Linux Systems Administrator