I am a new user to Linux.
I have a laptop loaded with Red Hat 8.0 and would like to install Firefox 3.0 on it. It states that I must have certain levels of various programs (Gnome 2.16) for example in order to do so. I do not know how to update these items such as Gnome. I am a former/current Windows user.
Can anyone give me some assistance or point me to a place to obtain such basic information as how to update various applications of Linux?
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Senior Perl Developer
- So girls had it better ?
1 hour 31 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
1 hour 51 min ago
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
7 hours 23 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
12 hours 26 min ago
12 hours 45 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
13 hours 10 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
13 hours 23 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
19 hours 2 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
19 hours 37 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
20 hours 5 min ago