Part of my load balancer farm was made obsolete when the vendor (Juniper) announced retirement of the DX product line. The product line was acquired from Redline Networks and retired fairly quickly.
I'd like to reload these boxes with a Linux distribution and release them to the security team. There are regular articles about turning an old computer into a useful appliance, but I'm wanting to re-purpose some old appliances as more flexible Linux servers. It's a shame to see these powerful servers going to waste.
I'll be cracking the boxes open this weekend to see if I can identify the system board. Suggestions or links to resources would be appreciated.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Mixtapes Community
2 hours 32 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
3 hours 6 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
3 hours 35 min ago
5 hours 29 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
6 hours 49 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
9 hours 22 min ago
- Personally, I am no longer a
10 hours 19 min ago
- It's Jupiter
1 day 44 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
1 day 1 hour ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
1 day 6 hours ago