Product Spotlight: Virtualization for High-End Computing
ScaleMP's vSMP Foundation aggregation platform enables the creation of high-end x86-based symmetric multiprocessor (SMP) systems, providing superior performance at prices significantly lower than traditional SMPs and comparable to managed x86 clusters. Solutions based on vSMP Foundation conserve the advantages of the traditional SMP operating model (ease of installation and management as well as large memory) while leveraging the broad x86-based applications portfolio.
We had a chance to meet up with ScaleMP's founder and CEO Shai Fultheim at LinuxWorld Expo this month where he told us about leveraging cost efficient x86 hardware in situations otherwise demanding the performance of larger, more expensive solutions.
- Tips for Optimizing Linux Memory Usage
- Picking Out the Nouns
- "No Reboot" Kernel Patching - And Why You Should Care
- DevOps: Better Than the Sum of Its Parts
- Return of the Mac
- Android Candy: Intercoms
- Drupageddon: SQL Injection, Database Abstraction and Hundreds of Thousands of Web Sites
- Non-Linux FOSS: .NET?
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development