Product Spotlight: Virtualization for High-End Computing
ScaleMP's vSMP Foundation aggregation platform enables the creation of high-end x86-based symmetric multiprocessor (SMP) systems, providing superior performance at prices significantly lower than traditional SMPs and comparable to managed x86 clusters. Solutions based on vSMP Foundation conserve the advantages of the traditional SMP operating model (ease of installation and management as well as large memory) while leveraging the broad x86-based applications portfolio.
We had a chance to meet up with ScaleMP's founder and CEO Shai Fultheim at LinuxWorld Expo this month where he told us about leveraging cost efficient x86 hardware in situations otherwise demanding the performance of larger, more expensive solutions.
- Nmap—Not Just for Evil!
- Resurrecting the Armadillo
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers