potential cult computer, the zpc-GX31
Laptops have been the bane of my computing life, not much to upgrade, too complex to fix myself, too tight and fragile. Desktops are just too big, but I like the amenities.
My ideal computer is embodied in one unit, Cybernet Manufacturing's zero footprint PC, the ZPC-GX31. The whole thing is under the keyboard some say smacks of a Commodore 64. Looks like a laptop, but it has room inside, all parts are standard except the motherboard. It is low powered, sports an Intel Dual Core and up to 4 gig ram. It will boot from a USB drive and run Linux.
My wish,I want laptop technology but my own display of choice and portability is not an issue and don't hog my desk. This PC fits the bill, I can't wait to get one, but..........Have you folks heard and tested this PC?
It looks like the greatest thing since the Happy Hacker Keyboard. What you think?
Today five randomly drawn entrants will win:
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock mug and LJ subscription
Enter to Win
|December Daily Giveaways are Back!||Dec 01, 2015|
|December 2015 Video Preview||Nov 30, 2015|
|Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot||Nov 30, 2015|
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
- Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- December Daily Giveaways are Back!
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration