Port Linux onto an iPod
iPodLinux is an open source venture into porting Linux onto the iPod. To date, the group has successfully ported a customized uClinux kernel to the iPod, and written a simple user interface for it dubbed podzilla that allows you to play music, file browse, view images, and of course much more.
iPodLinux currently works on all iPod generations with the exception of the 2nd/3rd generation iPod Nano, 6th generation iPod classic, all iPod shuffles and the iPod Touch.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
In this live one-hour webinar, learn how to enhance your existing backup strategies for complete disaster recovery preparedness using Storix System Backup Administrator (SBAdmin), a highly flexible full-system recovery solution for UNIX and Linux systems.
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Devuan Beta Release
- May 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- EnterpriseDB's EDB Postgres Advanced Server and EDB Postgres Enterprise Manager
- The US Government and Open-Source Software
- The Humble Hacker?
- BitTorrent Inc.'s Sync
- The Death of RoboVM
- Open-Source Project Secretly Funded by CIA
- New Container Image Standard Promises More Portable Apps
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python