Port Linux onto an iPod
iPodLinux is an open source venture into porting Linux onto the iPod. To date, the group has successfully ported a customized uClinux kernel to the iPod, and written a simple user interface for it dubbed podzilla that allows you to play music, file browse, view images, and of course much more.
iPodLinux currently works on all iPod generations with the exception of the 2nd/3rd generation iPod Nano, 6th generation iPod classic, all iPod shuffles and the iPod Touch.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
11am CDT, April 29th
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.Join us!
- Not So Dynamic Updates
- New Products
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Solving ODEs on Linux
- Tighten Up SSH
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development