Port Linux onto an iPod
iPodLinux is an open source venture into porting Linux onto the iPod. To date, the group has successfully ported a customized uClinux kernel to the iPod, and written a simple user interface for it dubbed podzilla that allows you to play music, file browse, view images, and of course much more.
iPodLinux currently works on all iPod generations with the exception of the 2nd/3rd generation iPod Nano, 6th generation iPod classic, all iPod shuffles and the iPod Touch.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
|Great Scott! It's Version 13!||Jul 21, 2014|
|Adminer—Better Than Awesome!||Jul 17, 2014|
|It Actually Is Rocket Science||Jul 16, 2014|
|Android Candy: Repix, Not Just Another Photo App||Jul 14, 2014|
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- Numerical Python
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Senior Perl Developer
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013