Microsoft has been granted a patent on 'Page Up' and 'Page Down' keystrokes.
The software giant applied for the patent in 2005, and was granted it on August 19, 2008. US patent number 7,415,666 describes "a method and system in a document viewer for scrolling a substantially exact increment in a document, such as one page, regardless of whether the zoom is such that some, all or one page is currently being viewed".
This is being reported on ZDNet. I thought it was a joke at first. I am still looking for someone to jump up and say "April Fool." Please, tell me this is a spoof...please!!!
- Is the Private Cloud a Real Cloud?
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Senior Perl Developer
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Technical Support Rep
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds