Playing poker on Linux
First published at:
Linux is always gaining popularity on the desktop. Playing poker on Linux isn’t that hard and you’ve got a few options:
1. Find something web or flash based. Poker Room, Euro Poker and Hollywood Poker are a few examples of sites that offer that.
2. Java is a cross platform SDK. Absolute Poker, Party Poker, Poker Room, and quite a few others offer Java play.
3. Wine. I managed to get my favorite poker site Titan Poker working perfectly in Wine. Here are instructions for debian based systems:
apt-get install wine
It’s that easy! If you get a regsvr32 error during setup, it is safe to ignore it.
Double click ‘Titan Poker’ which will now have appeared on in ~/Desktop/Titan Poker
It works well, graphic and game quality is the same as Windows, sound also works with the right Wine configuration.
If any online players are reading, I’d personally recommend signing up at Stoxpoker http://www.stoxpoker.com as a fantastic training site.
For more information, have a look at:
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
In this live one-hour webinar, learn how to enhance your existing backup strategies for complete disaster recovery preparedness using Storix System Backup Administrator (SBAdmin), a highly flexible full-system recovery solution for UNIX and Linux systems.
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Server Hardening
- The Death of RoboVM
- EnterpriseDB's EDB Postgres Advanced Server and EDB Postgres Enterprise Manager
- BitTorrent Inc.'s Sync
- The Humble Hacker?
- The US Government and Open-Source Software
- Open-Source Project Secretly Funded by CIA
- ACI Worldwide's UP Retail Payments
- New Container Image Standard Promises More Portable Apps
- AdaCore's SPARK Pro
In modern computer systems, privacy and security are mandatory. However, connections from the outside over public networks automatically imply risks. One easily available solution to avoid eavesdroppers’ attempts is SSH. But, its wide adoption during the past 21 years has made it a target for attackers, so hardening your system properly is a must.
Additionally, in highly regulated markets, you must comply with specific operational requirements, proving that you conform to standards and even that you have included new mandatory authentication methods, such as two-factor authentication. In this ebook, I discuss SSH and how to configure and manage it to guarantee that your network is safe, your data is secure and that you comply with relevant regulations.Get the Guide