Playing poker on Linux
First published at:
Linux is always gaining popularity on the desktop. Playing poker on Linux isn’t that hard and you’ve got a few options:
1. Find something web or flash based. Poker Room, Euro Poker and Hollywood Poker are a few examples of sites that offer that.
2. Java is a cross platform SDK. Absolute Poker, Party Poker, Poker Room, and quite a few others offer Java play.
3. Wine. I managed to get my favorite poker site Titan Poker working perfectly in Wine. Here are instructions for debian based systems:
apt-get install wine
It’s that easy! If you get a regsvr32 error during setup, it is safe to ignore it.
Double click ‘Titan Poker’ which will now have appeared on in ~/Desktop/Titan Poker
It works well, graphic and game quality is the same as Windows, sound also works with the right Wine configuration.
If any online players are reading, I’d personally recommend signing up at Stoxpoker http://www.stoxpoker.com as a fantastic training site.
For more information, have a look at:
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Django Models and Migrations
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development