Organize Your Shows with Sickbeard
First, a disclaimer: the program Sickbeard was created for the purpose of pirating television shows from Usenet and torrent sites. I don't condone piracy of any sort, but Sickbeard has some amazing other features that make it worth mentioning.
Sickbeard is a server-based application that runs on your file server, and it can manage and sort all of your television shows. If you have a collection of TV episodes you've recorded with MythTV, ripped from DVD, pulled from TiVo or however you might have procured them, organizing them in a way that programs like Boxee or XBMC understand can be daunting. Sickbeard is a program that can sort, organize and rename episodes automatically. It lets you know if you are missing episodes, and it can download metadata and cover art. It even can notify you with a pop-up on your XBMC home-theater device when a new episode is added to your library.
Again, Sickbeard was designed with nefarious intentions in mind, but even if you don't want to pirate television shows from Usenet, it's a great way to keep your XBMC database organized. Check it out at www.sickbeard.com.
- Chemistry on the Desktop
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Two Factors Are Better Than One
- HOSTING Monitoring Insights
- Hodge Podge
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Five HPC Cost Considerations to Maximize ROI
- TRENDnet's WiFi Everywhere Powerline 1200 AV2 Access Point, Model TPL-430AP
- Google Begins Making DMCA Takedowns Public