openSUSE 11.0 Gets Short Stay of Execution
openSUSE 11.0 was originally slated for "end of life" on June 15. But due to the requests from users, the SUSE Security and Maintenance Team has decided to extend the maintenance period until 11.3 is released to the public - avoiding the 26 day gap in security coverage.
openSUSE 11.3 is scheduled for wide release on July 15 after a week of internal testing. At that time, the Security and Maintenance Team will stop handling new requests for 11.0. The last update will come on July 21, assuring that users will experience a smoother transition to 11.3.
Susan Linton is a Linux writer and the owner of tuxmachines.org.
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- How to Deliver Hybrid Apps in 2 Weeks [Webcast]
- Privacy Is Personal
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Django Templates
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet