openSUSE 11.0 Gets Short Stay of Execution
openSUSE 11.0 was originally slated for "end of life" on June 15. But due to the requests from users, the SUSE Security and Maintenance Team has decided to extend the maintenance period until 11.3 is released to the public - avoiding the 26 day gap in security coverage.
openSUSE 11.3 is scheduled for wide release on July 15 after a week of internal testing. At that time, the Security and Maintenance Team will stop handling new requests for 11.0. The last update will come on July 21, assuring that users will experience a smoother transition to 11.3.
Susan Linton is a Linux writer and the owner of tuxmachines.org.
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- New Products
- Dialog: An Introductory Tutorial
- Developing for the Atmel AVR Microcontroller on Linux
- Recovery of RAID and LVM2 Volumes
- Bash Arrays
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Building a Linux-Based High-Performance Compute Cluster