openSUSE 11.0 Gets Short Stay of Execution
openSUSE 11.0 was originally slated for "end of life" on June 15. But due to the requests from users, the SUSE Security and Maintenance Team has decided to extend the maintenance period until 11.3 is released to the public - avoiding the 26 day gap in security coverage.
openSUSE 11.3 is scheduled for wide release on July 15 after a week of internal testing. At that time, the Security and Maintenance Team will stop handling new requests for 11.0. The last update will come on July 21, assuring that users will experience a smoother transition to 11.3.
Susan Linton is a Linux writer and the owner of tuxmachines.org.
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Smoothwall Express
- Own Your DNS Data
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Ensono M.O.