Open Source - the new evil?
A recent post over at CBR News (that's Comic Book Resources in case you're not into that sort of thing) has more than a couple bloggers amused if not slightly perturbed by the description of the new villain up against Iron Man, Tony Stark.
[Tony Stark] wants to give the world all this amazing technology but he’s nervous when anybody wants to use it... Zeke is a post-national business man and kind of an open source ideological terrorist
hmm... open source and terrorist in the same sentence? Now I'm paying attention! :)
Writer Matt Fraction goes on:
He has absolutely no loyalty to any sort of law, creed, or credo. He doesn’t want to beat Tony Stark, he wants to make him obsolete. Windows wants to be on every computer desktop in the world, but Linux and Stane want to destroy the desktop.
Is this some sort of amazingly genius product placement? Maybe the perceived struggle between the "evil corporation" and the somewhat anarchistic open source community has become part of the social fabric.
I am particularly intrigued by the connection Fraction makes between youth and open source technology.
Everybody was older or the same age as Tony and a technologist isn’t going to be fighting the old guys. It’s going to be the new kid with the new idea. Microsoft doesn’t buy up older companies. They’re always buying up the new kids. So I wanted to introduce a kind of new kid aspect.”
You can follow up on this battle between good(?) and evil(?) with the full story.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Mars Needs Women
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Web Administration Scripts
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- thanks for share, great
12 hours 34 min ago
- There are factors which are
17 hours 33 min ago
- Gnome 3 ?
18 hours 18 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
22 hours 25 min ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
1 day 8 hours ago
- on the ground
1 day 14 hours ago
- I was able to read the whole
1 day 16 hours ago
- since i have read the title i
1 day 19 hours ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
1 day 19 hours ago
- The kernel doesn't really
2 days 7 hours ago