Old Generals Never Die - They just Wear a Red Hat
The Red Hat board of directors announced a new chairman Monday, August 30, to replace outgoing Matthew Szulik. Henry Hugh Shelton, retired Special Forces general, has been serving on the board since 2003 after leaving the elite Army division.
Jim Whitehurst, Red Hat president and CEO, said, "General Shelton is an individual of the utmost integrity. He has excelled in the numerous roles and positions held throughout his career and as a dedicated member of Red Hat's board of directors for more than seven years. General Shelton possesses the right combination of leadership, experience and industry knowledge to help guide Red Hat toward achieving its future goals."
The 68 year old Congressional Gold Medal recipient has plenty of business experience on his resume. He served as president of M.I.C. Industries, an international manufacturing company, for four years and on the boards of several other companies such as Anheuser-Busch Companies, CACI International Inc. and Anteon International Corporation.
The Red Hat stock price closed at $34.52 the Monday of the announcement, down from $35.16 the previous Friday. Red Hat stock prices have generally been going up all year and proves to be one of the most successful Open Source companies today. Red Hat is located in Raleigh, North Carolina and employs about 2,500 workers.
Susan Linton is a Linux writer and the owner of tuxmachines.org.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Linux Systems Administrator
- RSS Feeds
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
7 hours 48 min ago
- It's Jupiter
8 hours 47 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
9 hours 49 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
14 hours 35 min ago
- Studying linux, and looking
18 hours 1 min ago
- voting for Best Linux Distribution
1 day 2 hours ago
- tizen vs android
1 day 6 hours ago
- i switch my choice from KDE
1 day 7 hours ago
1 day 10 hours ago
- Belanja Online
1 day 12 hours ago