NorthPoint presents "How to power a rich video experience through Drupal"
The Media module provides an extensible framework for managing files and multimedia assets. Media sources can now be built once, contributed back to the community, and used by anyone with little custom code needed.
In this session, we will walk through integrating Drupal 7 with thePlatform's mpx video management tool. This tool prowers sites like Xfinity, NBC Sports, A&E Networks, Lifetime, Travel Channel and British Telecom. We will provide strategies and best practices for incorporating Media into your Drupal site including custom implementation that can integrate external media providers.
In this webinar, you will learn about:
- Challenges of multimedia management
- The Media module in Drupal 7
- Examples of large-scale integrations using thePlatform's mpx tool
- What to expect for future enhancements to the Media module
Date & Time: Thursday, May 9, 2013 01:00 PM EDT
Duration: 60 minutes
Speakers: Brian Short, Senior Manager, NorthPoint; Tim Sale, Director of Technical Sales, thePlatform
With all the industry talk about the benefits of Linux on Power and all the performance advantages offered by its open architecture, you may be considering a move in that direction. If you are thinking about analytics, big data and cloud computing, you would be right to evaluate Power. The idea of using commodity x86 hardware and replacing it every three years is an outdated cost model. It doesn’t consider the total cost of ownership, and it doesn’t consider the advantage of real processing power, high-availability and multithreading like a demon.
This ebook takes a look at some of the practical applications of the Linux on Power platform and ways you might bring all the performance power of this open architecture to bear for your organization. There are no smoke and mirrors here—just hard, cold, empirical evidence provided by independent sources. I also consider some innovative ways Linux on Power will be used in the future.Get the Guide
- SUSE LLC's SUSE Manager
- My +1 Sword of Productivity
- Murat Yener and Onur Dundar's Expert Android Studio (Wrox)
- Non-Linux FOSS: Caffeine!
- Managing Linux Using Puppet
- Doing for User Space What We Did for Kernel Space
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- SuperTuxKart 0.9.2 Released
- Rogue Wave Software's Zend Server
- Parsing an RSS News Feed with a Bash Script