I needed an FTP client that would resume a put. I had been using a firefox plugin but it isn't available for firefox 3 yet. I had also used Kftpgrabber which works but is (newbies beware here) hard to use because it has a GUI instead of being a nice, clean, easy-to-use command line.
Is there such an animal? Yes, and its name is ncftp. Easy to use? I think so. For example, to upload the Plan de Manejo Reserva Natural Tisey-Estansuela (that I have named tisey_plan.pdf for sanity) to our ftp site that requires a login, here is what I did:
$ ncftp -u secret_username -p secret_password ftp.servage.net
> cd /www/p/gr
> put plan_tisey.ftp
If the file exists, its default action is to ask you what to do: skip, resume or restart.
The result? Check out http://p.nicapages.com/gr/plan_tisey.pdf and practice your Spanish. You will quickly know a lot more about where the Geek Ranch is being built.
In case you are wondering, we use servage for some of our hosting. They are in Germany, and offer a lot of space and bandwidth at a reasonable price. On the downside, no shell access is available. And, yes, they are running Linux.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Mars Needs Women
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Web Administration Scripts
- New Products
- thanks for share, great
10 hours 25 min ago
- There are factors which are
15 hours 24 min ago
- Gnome 3 ?
16 hours 9 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
20 hours 16 min ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
1 day 6 hours ago
- on the ground
1 day 12 hours ago
- I was able to read the whole
1 day 14 hours ago
- since i have read the title i
1 day 17 hours ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
1 day 17 hours ago
- The kernel doesn't really
2 days 5 hours ago