I needed an FTP client that would resume a put. I had been using a firefox plugin but it isn't available for firefox 3 yet. I had also used Kftpgrabber which works but is (newbies beware here) hard to use because it has a GUI instead of being a nice, clean, easy-to-use command line.
Is there such an animal? Yes, and its name is ncftp. Easy to use? I think so. For example, to upload the Plan de Manejo Reserva Natural Tisey-Estansuela (that I have named tisey_plan.pdf for sanity) to our ftp site that requires a login, here is what I did:
$ ncftp -u secret_username -p secret_password ftp.servage.net
> cd /www/p/gr
> put plan_tisey.ftp
If the file exists, its default action is to ask you what to do: skip, resume or restart.
The result? Check out http://p.nicapages.com/gr/plan_tisey.pdf and practice your Spanish. You will quickly know a lot more about where the Geek Ranch is being built.
In case you are wondering, we use servage for some of our hosting. They are in Germany, and offer a lot of space and bandwidth at a reasonable price. On the downside, no shell access is available. And, yes, they are running Linux.
Today five randomly drawn entrants will win:
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock mug and LJ subscription
Enter to Win
|December Daily Giveaways are Back!||Dec 01, 2015|
|December 2015 Video Preview||Nov 30, 2015|
|Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot||Nov 30, 2015|
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
- Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- December Daily Giveaways are Back!
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration