mmap'd physical memory not updating user virtual
I am writing a user space MAC driver in Linux 2.6.23 hosted on a Arm11 mpcore. A contiguous block of physical memory is allocated and mmap'd to userspace.
/dev/mem with O_SYNC flag is used to mmap so that the user virtual memory is uncached (with no much benefit).
kptr = kmalloc(sz, GFP_DMA|GFP_KERNEL);
pptr = __pa(kptr);
fd = open("/dev/mem", O_RDWR|O_SYNC);
uptr = mmap(0, sz, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_SHARED|MAP_LOCKED,fd, pptr);
The map'd user virtual memory is carved into network buffers and used for DMA.The MAC is successfully able to DMA ethernet frames to the physical memory. From the Rx interrupt handler bh (kernel logical memory) the frames received could be viewed and the cache functions also work fine. However, the mmap'd memory in user space does not reflect the changes.
Why is the physical memory mapped to user virtual does not reflect the chages ?
Or any suggestions on what could be going wrong here ?
Deb Rupam Banerjee
P.S: Please note that all buffer alignment's are taken care of.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- New Products
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- EdgeRouter Lite
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!