mmap'd physical memory not updating user virtual
I am writing a user space MAC driver in Linux 2.6.23 hosted on a Arm11 mpcore. A contiguous block of physical memory is allocated and mmap'd to userspace.
/dev/mem with O_SYNC flag is used to mmap so that the user virtual memory is uncached (with no much benefit).
kptr = kmalloc(sz, GFP_DMA|GFP_KERNEL);
pptr = __pa(kptr);
fd = open("/dev/mem", O_RDWR|O_SYNC);
uptr = mmap(0, sz, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_SHARED|MAP_LOCKED,fd, pptr);
The map'd user virtual memory is carved into network buffers and used for DMA.The MAC is successfully able to DMA ethernet frames to the physical memory. From the Rx interrupt handler bh (kernel logical memory) the frames received could be viewed and the cache functions also work fine. However, the mmap'd memory in user space does not reflect the changes.
Why is the physical memory mapped to user virtual does not reflect the chages ?
Or any suggestions on what could be going wrong here ?
Deb Rupam Banerjee
P.S: Please note that all buffer alignment's are taken care of.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Identifying Swift Opportunities Relating to interview transcript holocaust
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code