mmap'd physical memory not updating user virtual
I am writing a user space MAC driver in Linux 2.6.23 hosted on a Arm11 mpcore. A contiguous block of physical memory is allocated and mmap'd to userspace.
/dev/mem with O_SYNC flag is used to mmap so that the user virtual memory is uncached (with no much benefit).
kptr = kmalloc(sz, GFP_DMA|GFP_KERNEL);
pptr = __pa(kptr);
fd = open("/dev/mem", O_RDWR|O_SYNC);
uptr = mmap(0, sz, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_SHARED|MAP_LOCKED,fd, pptr);
The map'd user virtual memory is carved into network buffers and used for DMA.The MAC is successfully able to DMA ethernet frames to the physical memory. From the Rx interrupt handler bh (kernel logical memory) the frames received could be viewed and the cache functions also work fine. However, the mmap'd memory in user space does not reflect the changes.
Why is the physical memory mapped to user virtual does not reflect the chages ?
Or any suggestions on what could be going wrong here ?
Deb Rupam Banerjee
P.S: Please note that all buffer alignment's are taken care of.
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- An Introduction to Tabled Logic Programming with Picat
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script