mmap'd physical memory not updating user virtual
I am writing a user space MAC driver in Linux 2.6.23 hosted on a Arm11 mpcore. A contiguous block of physical memory is allocated and mmap'd to userspace.
/dev/mem with O_SYNC flag is used to mmap so that the user virtual memory is uncached (with no much benefit).
kptr = kmalloc(sz, GFP_DMA|GFP_KERNEL);
pptr = __pa(kptr);
fd = open("/dev/mem", O_RDWR|O_SYNC);
uptr = mmap(0, sz, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_SHARED|MAP_LOCKED,fd, pptr);
The map'd user virtual memory is carved into network buffers and used for DMA.The MAC is successfully able to DMA ethernet frames to the physical memory. From the Rx interrupt handler bh (kernel logical memory) the frames received could be viewed and the cache functions also work fine. However, the mmap'd memory in user space does not reflect the changes.
Why is the physical memory mapped to user virtual does not reflect the chages ?
Or any suggestions on what could be going wrong here ?
Deb Rupam Banerjee
P.S: Please note that all buffer alignment's are taken care of.
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Debugging Democracy