Michael Dell Runs Ubuntu, Jim Thompson reports. Sure 'nuff:
The key excerpt...
Comes now an interesting announcement, of sorts, on the Dell website:
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn
VMWare Workstation 6 Beta
Evolution Groupware 2.10
note that the M90 model is not listed on the "all Dell Notebooks" page, nor on the
"Dell Open-Source Notebooks" page. but it does appear here.
People swore that Dell would never ship anything but Intel CPUs and Microsoft software. The AMD CPUs appeared last year, looks like Microsoft isn't going steady with Dell anymore, either. Conspicious by its absence is Windows Vista, according to the website, Mr. Dell doesn't run Vista on ANY of his machines.
How much and now soon will the details change in the Michael's Computers frame on the executive bio page? (If at all?) Place your bets.
Meanwhile, here's some good advice for Dell and all the other hardware system makers out there.
And here's Jim's earlier called-it-right post on the matter of Dell and Linux.
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Mars Needs Women
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Web Administration Scripts
- Linux Systems Administrator
- animal pajamas
2 hours 59 min ago
- thanks for you post.
3 hours 6 min ago
- thanks for share, great
20 hours 20 min ago
- There are factors which are
1 day 1 hour ago
- Gnome 3 ?
1 day 2 hours ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
1 day 6 hours ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
1 day 16 hours ago
- on the ground
1 day 22 hours ago
- I was able to read the whole
2 days 8 min ago
- since i have read the title i
2 days 3 hours ago