Mike and Tux, sitting in a tree...
Michael Dell Runs Ubuntu, Jim Thompson reports. Sure 'nuff:
The key excerpt...
Comes now an interesting announcement, of sorts, on the Dell website:
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn
VMWare Workstation 6 Beta
Evolution Groupware 2.10
note that the M90 model is not listed on the "all Dell Notebooks" page, nor on the
"Dell Open-Source Notebooks" page. but it does appear here.
People swore that Dell would never ship anything but Intel CPUs and Microsoft software. The AMD CPUs appeared last year, looks like Microsoft isn't going steady with Dell anymore, either. Conspicious by its absence is Windows Vista, according to the website, Mr. Dell doesn't run Vista on ANY of his machines.
How much and now soon will the details change in the Michael's Computers frame on the executive bio page? (If at all?) Place your bets.
Meanwhile, here's some good advice for Dell and all the other hardware system makers out there.
And here's Jim's earlier called-it-right post on the matter of Dell and Linux.
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Aug 20, 2014|
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- RSS Feeds
- IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!
- Returning Values from Bash Functions