WiiLi is a Linux port in the works for the Nintendo Wii. Drivers are being developed for Wii features, including the SD card slot, the wireless 802.11b/g and Bluetooth hardware, and for the remote.
A proof-of-concept Wii distribution was rolled out earlier this year by the GameCube Linux project. It relies on a Twilight Hack developed by Team Twiizers. The hack leverages an exploit in a Wii game title to launch a Linux bootloader (see video).
We're eager to see Linux on the Wii. In the meanwhile, settle for seeing Linux Journal on the Wii -- we all have our own Miis here in the office. Add Linux Journal as a Wii friend and we'll send you any LJ staffers you'd like. :-) Our console number is: 2924 2525 5556 2687 (post yours in the comments below and we'll add you too).
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- September 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs
- Drupal Special Edition
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Eleven SSH Tricks
- Ten Commands Every Linux Developer Should Know
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Monitoring Hard Disks with SMART
- Work the Shell - Dealing with Spaces in Filenames