WiiLi is a Linux port in the works for the Nintendo Wii. Drivers are being developed for Wii features, including the SD card slot, the wireless 802.11b/g and Bluetooth hardware, and for the remote.
A proof-of-concept Wii distribution was rolled out earlier this year by the GameCube Linux project. It relies on a Twilight Hack developed by Team Twiizers. The hack leverages an exploit in a Wii game title to launch a Linux bootloader (see video).
We're eager to see Linux on the Wii. In the meanwhile, settle for seeing Linux Journal on the Wii -- we all have our own Miis here in the office. Add Linux Journal as a Wii friend and we'll send you any LJ staffers you'd like. :-) Our console number is: 2924 2525 5556 2687 (post yours in the comments below and we'll add you too).
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Aug 20, 2014|
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- New Products
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- RSS Feeds