Looking for Kernel guru
I'm not quite a Linux newbie anymore but I still have a ways to go before I'm really good(a sysadmin). I watch the kernel.org site from time to time and see new kernels come out but never tried to install any until now. I got a Pavillion dv6000 laptop with the Atheros wireless set up that didn't work with RHEL 5. After a bit of digging I found that the latest kernel versions would support Atheros, so now I've installed a new kernel and the wireless works(happy days are here again), but now I broke some of the other hardware. I have tried various re-configurations of the kernel but have either made things worse or come up with non-bootable system. There a lot of config options with the kernel but I've not figured which ones to include to get a fully functioning system. If there's a kernel guru with some time to spare I could really use some pointer on how to debug the problems I caused.
Practical Task Scheduling Deployment
July 20, 2016 12:00 pm CDT
Join Linux Journal's Mike Diehl and Pat Cameron of Help Systems.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- SUSE LLC's SUSE Manager
- Murat Yener and Onur Dundar's Expert Android Studio (Wrox)
- My +1 Sword of Productivity
- Non-Linux FOSS: Caffeine!
- Managing Linux Using Puppet
- Doing for User Space What We Did for Kernel Space
- SuperTuxKart 0.9.2 Released
- Parsing an RSS News Feed with a Bash Script
- Google's SwiftShader Released
- Rogue Wave Software's Zend Server