Linux Systems Capacity Planning
This video is from our good friends at USENIX's recent LISA conference in Boston.
"Linux Systems Capacity Planning: Beyond RRD and top", by Rodrigo Campos
As infrastructure costs rise, there's an urgent need to squeeze more performance from the same hardware. After several years of measuring and managing the capacity of thousands of Linux servers, we have learned that most typical tools and metrics are not sufficient to predict performance bottlenecks, particularly during traffic spikes. By using queue theory formulas and instrumenting our applications we were able to find the limits of our systems, improve reliability, and maximize throughput and performance.
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie