Linux in Amsterdam
So what's up with Linux in Amsterdam? That's a front-burner question for me right now because I'll be spending the next three days there, and would like to pick up on a story or few while I'm there.
Of special interest to me is what Linux (and FOSS) hackers are doing from the edge inward to build out the Net as a system not controlled just by large telcos and other providers. For example, is anybody doing in Amsterdam (or nearby) what Indienet.dk has been doing in Copenhagen?
As a side note, it amazes me that I'm creeping up on a million miles with United, and probably past that overall, but I've never been to Amsterdam. Look for me at MobileMonday, where I'm going to be on, well, monday.
Okay, the the plane is boarding. See you there.
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Smith Charts for All