So what's up with Linux in Amsterdam? That's a front-burner question for me right now because I'll be spending the next three days there, and would like to pick up on a story or few while I'm there.
Of special interest to me is what Linux (and FOSS) hackers are doing from the edge inward to build out the Net as a system not controlled just by large telcos and other providers. For example, is anybody doing in Amsterdam (or nearby) what Indienet.dk has been doing in Copenhagen?
As a side note, it amazes me that I'm creeping up on a million miles with United, and probably past that overall, but I've never been to Amsterdam. Look for me at MobileMonday, where I'm going to be on, well, monday.
Okay, the the plane is boarding. See you there.
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
6 hours 4 min ago
- It's Jupiter
7 hours 4 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
8 hours 6 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
12 hours 51 min ago
- Studying linux, and looking
16 hours 17 min ago
- voting for Best Linux Distribution
1 day 43 min ago
- tizen vs android
1 day 4 hours ago
- i switch my choice from KDE
1 day 5 hours ago
1 day 8 hours ago
- Belanja Online
1 day 10 hours ago