Learn to Build Flash Applications with New Drupal Book
Packt is pleased to announce a new book that teaches users to build dynamic, content-rich Flash CS3 and CS4 applications for Drupal 6. Written by Content Management expert, Travis Tidwell, Flash with Drupal helps users to integrate Flash applications with Drupal CMS.
Users will learn about the evolution of a real Flash application designed for Drupal, and will be taken through a step-by-step approach to create and customize an embedded Flash application within Drupal. They will also learn about the important modules and asynchronous programming techniques that will make it easier to work with Flash in Drupal. The reader will also learn to build a custom voting service and create a Flash-driven 5-star voter for Drupal using the popular FiveStar module.
Through this book, developers will learn to utilize Object Oriented techniques in ActionScript 3 to build a common MediaPlayer class for both audio and video applications. In addition to this, they will be able to load and play audio in Flash, add user controls like on and off, and create a playlist of video nodes for their custom media player using Drupal Views. Although they will be using Drupal as the Content Management System, the lessons learned within this book can easily be applied to other Content Management systems such as Joomla or WordPress. Because of this, users are not assumed to be familiar with Drupal.
Developers interested in building dynamic Flash applications will find this book useful. This book is out now and is available from Packt. For more information, please visit http://www.packtpub.com/build-flash-applications-with-drupal-6/book
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- New Products