Kyle Rankin to Keynote SCALE 11x
The Southern California Linux Expo SCALE 11X has just announced that popular Linux Journal columnist, Kyle Rankin, will give the second keynote at the expo in February.
Rankin, the System Engineering Lead for Artemis Internet, Inc., will present the Sunday SCALE 11X keynote on “Practical 3D Printing and the Open Source Community.”
Rankin is the author of a variety of books, including “DevOps Troubleshooting,” “The Official Ubuntu Server Book,” “Knoppix Hacks,” “Knoppix Pocket Reference,” “Linux Multimedia Hacks,” and “Ubuntu Hacks.” He is an award-winning columnist for Linux Journal, and has written for PC Magazine, TechTarget websites and other publications. He speaks frequently on Open Source software including at SCALE, OSCON, Linux World Expo, Penguicon, and a number of Linux Users Groups.
Rankin joins Matthew Garrett as SCALE 11X keynote speakers.
Garrett will give the Saturday SCALE 11X keynote on “The Secure Boot Journey,” outlining the successful negotiation between the Linux community and the entire PC industry to find common ground on the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) Secure Boot.
SCALE 11X will be held the weekend of Feb. 22-24 at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport hotel.
Registration, now open, can be done at https://reg.socallinuxexpo.org/reg6/
Lodging discounts of $112 per night are available at the Hilton LAX. For more information, visit
For all other information on the expo, visit
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff