Job: Senior Systems Administrator at Six Apart
I just got this job listing in my inbox and thought I'd share it with readers in case anyone was interested.
Company: Six Apart
Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Description: Terms: Salaried Employee with full benefits
Hours: Full Time
Location: San Francisco, CA
Six Apart, the creator of award-winning blogging software and services Movable Type, TypePad and Vox, is looking for an experienced Senior Systems Administrator. As a member of the Operations Engineering team, the Senior Systems Administrator will be a crucial member of a superstar Operations team supporting high-traffic, complex websites powering the blogosphere.
* Significant contributor in the management of several large, complex websites
* Design and implement systems infrastructure for new services
* Automation of frequently performed tasks
* Provide technical leadership and mentoring within operations team
* Establishes and recommends policies on architecture and systems based on best practices
* Works under the general supervision of senior management
* Second level on-call in shared rotation for site reliability issues; works with appropriate engineering resources to see full resolution of production impacting issues
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of training users in applications and operating system fundamentals, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to peers, working with upper management and writing extensive documentation.
* Extensive programming background in any applicable language
* Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
* A solid understanding of an operating system, preferably Linux with bonus points for Redhat based distributions
* A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing concepts
* Understanding of Cfengine, Puppet or similar configuration management utilities
* More than five years of Linux system administration experience
* A degree in computer science or a related field
* Publications within the field of systems administration
* Familiarity with Six Apart infrastructure tools MogileFS, Perlbal, Memcached or related technologies
Please send your resume to jchai at sixapart dot com with subject line: "Position: Senior Systems Administrator."
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
|Happy Birthday Linux||Aug 25, 2016|
|ContainerCon Vendors Offer Flexible Solutions for Managing All Your New Micro-VMs||Aug 24, 2016|
|Updates from LinuxCon and ContainerCon, Toronto, August 2016||Aug 23, 2016|
|NVMe over Fabrics Support Coming to the Linux 4.8 Kernel||Aug 22, 2016|
|What I Wish I’d Known When I Was an Embedded Linux Newbie||Aug 18, 2016|
|Pandas||Aug 17, 2016|
- Happy Birthday Linux
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- ContainerCon Vendors Offer Flexible Solutions for Managing All Your New Micro-VMs
- What I Wish I’d Known When I Was an Embedded Linux Newbie
- Updates from LinuxCon and ContainerCon, Toronto, August 2016
- NVMe over Fabrics Support Coming to the Linux 4.8 Kernel
- New Version of GParted
- Vi IMproved--Vim and Happy Hacking Keyboard Lite 2
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
With all the industry talk about the benefits of Linux on Power and all the performance advantages offered by its open architecture, you may be considering a move in that direction. If you are thinking about analytics, big data and cloud computing, you would be right to evaluate Power. The idea of using commodity x86 hardware and replacing it every three years is an outdated cost model. It doesn’t consider the total cost of ownership, and it doesn’t consider the advantage of real processing power, high-availability and multithreading like a demon.
This ebook takes a look at some of the practical applications of the Linux on Power platform and ways you might bring all the performance power of this open architecture to bear for your organization. There are no smoke and mirrors here—just hard, cold, empirical evidence provided by independent sources. I also consider some innovative ways Linux on Power will be used in the future.Get the Guide