Job: Senior Systems Administrator at Six Apart
I just got this job listing in my inbox and thought I'd share it with readers in case anyone was interested.
Company: Six Apart
Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Description: Terms: Salaried Employee with full benefits
Hours: Full Time
Location: San Francisco, CA
Six Apart, the creator of award-winning blogging software and services Movable Type, TypePad and Vox, is looking for an experienced Senior Systems Administrator. As a member of the Operations Engineering team, the Senior Systems Administrator will be a crucial member of a superstar Operations team supporting high-traffic, complex websites powering the blogosphere.
* Significant contributor in the management of several large, complex websites
* Design and implement systems infrastructure for new services
* Automation of frequently performed tasks
* Provide technical leadership and mentoring within operations team
* Establishes and recommends policies on architecture and systems based on best practices
* Works under the general supervision of senior management
* Second level on-call in shared rotation for site reliability issues; works with appropriate engineering resources to see full resolution of production impacting issues
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of training users in applications and operating system fundamentals, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to peers, working with upper management and writing extensive documentation.
* Extensive programming background in any applicable language
* Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
* A solid understanding of an operating system, preferably Linux with bonus points for Redhat based distributions
* A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing concepts
* Understanding of Cfengine, Puppet or similar configuration management utilities
* More than five years of Linux system administration experience
* A degree in computer science or a related field
* Publications within the field of systems administration
* Familiarity with Six Apart infrastructure tools MogileFS, Perlbal, Memcached or related technologies
Please send your resume to jchai at sixapart dot com with subject line: "Position: Senior Systems Administrator."
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- August 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming
- Django Models and Migrations
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development