Job: Senior Systems Administrator at Six Apart
I just got this job listing in my inbox and thought I'd share it with readers in case anyone was interested.
Company: Six Apart
Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Description: Terms: Salaried Employee with full benefits
Hours: Full Time
Location: San Francisco, CA
Six Apart, the creator of award-winning blogging software and services Movable Type, TypePad and Vox, is looking for an experienced Senior Systems Administrator. As a member of the Operations Engineering team, the Senior Systems Administrator will be a crucial member of a superstar Operations team supporting high-traffic, complex websites powering the blogosphere.
* Significant contributor in the management of several large, complex websites
* Design and implement systems infrastructure for new services
* Automation of frequently performed tasks
* Provide technical leadership and mentoring within operations team
* Establishes and recommends policies on architecture and systems based on best practices
* Works under the general supervision of senior management
* Second level on-call in shared rotation for site reliability issues; works with appropriate engineering resources to see full resolution of production impacting issues
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of training users in applications and operating system fundamentals, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to peers, working with upper management and writing extensive documentation.
* Extensive programming background in any applicable language
* Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
* A solid understanding of an operating system, preferably Linux with bonus points for Redhat based distributions
* A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing concepts
* Understanding of Cfengine, Puppet or similar configuration management utilities
* More than five years of Linux system administration experience
* A degree in computer science or a related field
* Publications within the field of systems administration
* Familiarity with Six Apart infrastructure tools MogileFS, Perlbal, Memcached or related technologies
Please send your resume to jchai at sixapart dot com with subject line: "Position: Senior Systems Administrator."
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
|Non-Linux FOSS: libnotify, OS X Style||Jun 18, 2013|
|Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud||Jun 17, 2013|
|Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer||Jun 12, 2013|
|Weechat, Irssi's Little Brother||Jun 11, 2013|
|One Tail Just Isn't Enough||Jun 07, 2013|
|Introduction to MapReduce with Hadoop on Linux||Jun 05, 2013|
- Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud
- Non-Linux FOSS: libnotify, OS X Style
- Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer
- Linux Systems Administrator
- RSS Feeds
- Introduction to MapReduce with Hadoop on Linux
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- New Products
- Weechat, Irssi's Little Brother
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Poul-Henning Kamp: welcome to
45 min 53 sec ago
- This has already been done
46 min 53 sec ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
1 hour 32 min ago
- Welcome to 1998
2 hours 20 min ago
- notifier shortcomings
2 hours 44 min ago
4 hours 21 min ago
- Android User
4 hours 22 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
6 hours 15 min ago
9 hours 5 min ago
- This is a good post. This
14 hours 18 min ago
Free Webinar: Hadoop
Some of key questions to be discussed are:
- What is the “typical” Hadoop cluster and what should be installed on the different machine types?
- Why should you consider the typical workload patterns when making your hardware decisions?
- Are all microservers created equal for Hadoop deployments?
- How do I plan for expansion if I require more compute, memory, storage or networking?