It's All Like... What?
Google phrase searches can produce results that seem like random answers to a Rorschach test—only more amusing. Here are the top results (on a day in July 2008) for “The Internet is like...”:
“a vast uncataloged library”
“a series of tubes”
“alcohol in some sense”
“going down the Chinese road”
Closer to home, “Linux is like...”:
“switching from a car to a motorcycle”
“ice cream—too many flavors to choose”
“a fixed-wheel bicycle”
“turning on your first computer and figuring out what all those weird boxes did”
“a common cold”
“a whole new species”
“Ubuntu, only different”
Our hat tip for this observation goes to reader Mike Warot.
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- Be a Mechanic...with Android and Linux!
- New Products
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Tighten Up SSH
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters
- Solving ODEs on Linux