How do you setup Remote Desktop Forwarding
At work we have a server that runs MRTG. Our Network Engineer is a windows guy and not too familiar with Linux. He comes and gets me anytime he has to do anything on this MRTG box. Unforunately he remotes into the MRTG box via putty over SSH. I haven't done it in a long time but does anyone remember how to setup Desktop forwarding over SSH? I really would like our Network engineer to be able to have a GUI when he gets on our MRTG box. This would really help me out freeing me up for other things if he could get in and be able to use GUI tools to do what he has to do.
Right now I have him setup to do everythig with putty and winSCP.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|My Humble Little Game Collection||May 28, 2015|
|New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality||May 27, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat||May 26, 2015|
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
- New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu