Hey guys, i'm downloading the new version of ubuntu for x64 processors....I'm just wondering if there are any major "gotchas" for installation? I was also wondering if i can use 32 bit packages with this version of ubuntu when i get it up and working?
I've used linux a few years ago, and would like to try it out again. Hopefully this time I can get it working with all my hardware.
I was also wondering if I need any raid drivers to get ubuntu to install?
Wasnt sure how to reply to leave a new note, so i'm putting it here.
It was really easy to install ubuntu, seems like everything's working so far.
I'm just curious, are there still no official dvd decoders available for linux?
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Django Models and Migrations
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- Purism Librem 13 Review