Get More from Your e-Reader: Instapaper
If you use a dedicated e-reader to read
Instapaper works by giving you a bookmark to click any time you want to view a Web page later on your e-reader. Then, from your Internet-enabled mobile device, you can read the articles at your leisure. For those folks with a Kindle, Instapaper provides a free delivery service that sends batches of articles to your Amazon account. It's important to realize Amazon will charge you for 3G-based deliveries, but if your Kindle supports Wi-Fi, delivery is free as well.
Instapaper is great if you don't like to do the bulk of your reading in a Web browser, but still want to read the latest news from the Internet. The service is currently free, but you can become a subscriber for $1 a month and support the company. Instapaper is available at http://www.instapaper.com.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- New Products
- EdgeRouter Lite
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- Practical Tiny Core in the Fire Service
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server