It seems as though all the cool kids are addicted to Evernote. I'm not quite that cool, but I have been trying hard to convert to a paperless lifestyle. Evernote admittedly is a great tool for archiving information. When I bought my Nexus 7, I also bought a subscription to Evernote Premium. I'm still not completely sold on the Evernote lifestyle, but because I spent money, I'm far more inclined to give it a solid go.
When it actually comes to using Evernote, there is a native client for both Windows and Macintosh that keeps in sync with the Evernote cloud and all your Evernote-enabled devices. The Web interface is quite robust, but there are times when I'm off-line and really want to take some notes on my Linux machine. Enter: Everpad.
Everpad is a client for the Evernote "world", and it syncs your Linux machine much the way the native Evernote programs do with Windows and Mac. Not only do you get a way to access your notes (Figure 1), but the truly awesome part of Everpad is its integration with Ubuntu's Unity. It's no secret that I'm not a fan of Unity, but for those folks using it, Everpad allows the Unity search engine to search in your Evernote notes along with your local Linux files.
Figure 1. Accessing Your Notes with Everpad
Although Everpad has a fairly spartan-looking interface, its deep integration with Unity makes it quite impressive. Thankfully, Everpad doesn't require Unity to work, and in my Xubuntu environment, it works quite nicely. Due to its power and flexibility, Everpad is this month's Editors' Choice. For instructions on installing it into your Linux environment, check out its wiki at https://github.com/nvbn/everpad/wiki/how-to-install.
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Docker: Lightweight Linux Containers for Consistent Development and Deployment
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- New Products
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- <Watch> HD! Watch Walking On Sunshine Online Full Movie Streaming