Enter to win an iPad Mini or a Nexus 10
Enter Now to win a chance at an iPad Mini or a Nexus 10 tablet. Winnder will be give choice, we will not judge. Chances of winning will depend on the total number of entries received.
1. No purchase necessary to win.
2. Renew your subscription using the Renew Now button provided in your email. (If your email message was in plain text, use the link provided.) Or, enter via this form.
3. The contest is open to all.
4. The drawing will be conducted by Linux Journal and decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of entries received.
5. The contest ends November 14, 2013, at 11:59 pm CDT.
6. The winner will be notified via email on November 15, 2013.
- Epiq Solutions' Sidekiq M.2
- Android Browser Security--What You Haven't Been Told
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- The Many Paths to a Solution
- Nativ Disc
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Synopsys' Coverity
- Writing a Simple USB Driver
- Securing the Programmer
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
With all the industry talk about the benefits of Linux on Power and all the performance advantages offered by its open architecture, you may be considering a move in that direction. If you are thinking about analytics, big data and cloud computing, you would be right to evaluate Power. The idea of using commodity x86 hardware and replacing it every three years is an outdated cost model. It doesn’t consider the total cost of ownership, and it doesn’t consider the advantage of real processing power, high-availability and multithreading like a demon.
This ebook takes a look at some of the practical applications of the Linux on Power platform and ways you might bring all the performance power of this open architecture to bear for your organization. There are no smoke and mirrors here—just hard, cold, empirical evidence provided by independent sources. I also consider some innovative ways Linux on Power will be used in the future.Get the Guide